A reverse mortgage is a unique home loan product that has grown in popularity over the past few years. Your members might find that a reverse mortgage is the best way for them to access the equity in their home. Our reverse mortgage specialist has years of experience of providing reverse mortgages to credit union members.
- Strengthen your personal and financial independence
- Help pay for healthcare or other needs
- You can never lose your home in foreclosure as long as you maintain the property tax and insurance payments, and any homeowner's association dues
- The loan is only paid or required to be paid when the house is sold by you or your heirs, or all applicants move out of the house
- A reverse mortgage does not affect your Medicare or Social Security benefits
- No income requirements: the homeowner does not need to be employed and the loan is not qualified based on income